Advanced Pet Surgical Services
Capitol Illini Veterinary Services provides advanced pet surgical services at the highest standard of care. Our team has extensive experience in soft tissue and orthopedic surgery. Making sure your pet receives the best treatment is our top priority. We utlize state-of-the-art surgical techniques such as Laparoscopy offered by Dr. Shores
Soft Tissue & Laparoscopic Surgery
Our soft tissue surgical services are provided by all of our veterinarians to treat acute and chronic pet conditions and include the following:
- Lump/Tumor removal
- Gastrointestinal surgery
- Urogenital surgery
- Ear, Nose, and Eye surgery
We also perform limited cardiothoracic and hepatic surgeries and provide referrals for complicated cases. Schedule an appointment today!
Orthopedic surgery can correct a variety of pet ailments including bone fractures, ligament tears, joint disease, and growth deformities. Dr. Holbrook has extensive expertise in orthopedic surgery techniques and will provide expert treatment and care of your pet. Orthopedic surgery is only available at our Springfield location.
What to Expect
As an AAHA-accredited facility, Capitol Illini employs strict treatment standards when providing pet surgical care.
- All pets receive a preoperative assessment and preanesthetic bloodwork to evaluate surgical readiness.
- Surgery takes place in a sterile environment with a fully trained surgical team.
- Patient vitals (heart rate, oxygen levels, blood pressure) are checked continually via state-of-the-art monitoring equipment.
- Pets are observed closely during the recovery period.
- Comprehensive pain management and postoperative care is provided as necessary.
To learn more about pet surgery options at Capitol Illini, please contact us today. All doctors perform state-of-the-art surgical techniques, and Dr. Shores performs minimally invasive surgeries such as Laparoscopy, Rhinoscopy, and Cystoscopy.